A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Thursday 30 July 2009

My Life Magazine; Armidale and District Recruitment!



Well I have just been interviewed by My Life Magazineas a spokesperson for the New England Colonial Living History Group. Let us hope that this article can attract more members for our group.
I started this group about 18 years ago, three other people came in response to my advertising to help me start this group. Those people became founding members like myself. They were Geoff Howarth, Arthur Baker and Shane Murphy. All three were prime-movers in our group. These men became my very close friends, and they are now all dead. I am the only remaining founder member alive and I fear that if we do not find more people to join our group, it will die with me!
I have tried everything over the years to find more members; posters in the Armidale Public Library and on other notice boards, events in the local Newspaper, registered our group on the internet, printed information brochures for distribution and yet in 18 years we have had no enquiries!!! We are now down to four members, the other three are much younger than I but like I said, I can't see this group continueing after I have gone and I need someone else to take up the rains, someone I can pass on my skills to.
Here's hoping, fingers crossed!

No comments: