A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Monday 26 July 2010

Rum Punch.

If there are no posts on Dave's and Joel's blogs for a while, I guess you cam blame me. Here is another 18th century recipe!

~~~~~~ Rum Punch ~~~~~~

________________________________________
6 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 4/5 quart bottle rum
2 12 ounce cans beer
1 cup brandy
1 cup apple juice or apple cider
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 cup lemon juice
________________________________________


In a large kettle combine water and sugar; bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add rum, beer, brandy, apple juice, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Heat through. Serve warm in mugs. Makes 32 (4 ounce) servings.

http://www.11thpa.org/Recipes.html#Rum Punch


2 comments:

murphyfish said...

Now here I am, playing catch up on my favorite blogs whilst in between shifts and you keep tempting me with these tasty posts! tis not fair my good man for I have to attend the dreaded night shift tonight.
Cheers,
John

Keith said...

I know, my bad. But you know what it is like trying to find material to post. They certainly are tempting, and I suppose that when the sun is over the yard arm it is a bit late in the day for you.
Bummer!
Regards.