A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Monday 22 November 2010

New England Colonial Living History Group 1680-1760 LOGO.

Not a big post, just thought I would post our group's new logo. When my son Kaelem edited the new promo video, he wanted a logo. I could not remember what ours used to be, so I said go ahead and design one for the video, and if I like it we will use from now on. Well I liked it.
It is one of the hardest things trying to explain to a public about who and what you are in so few words, especially when the majority of that public has no idea what living history is.
No matter what I say, and no matter what image I use, different people will read and see something different in that poster to what I intended. So I hope people do not look at our logo and think that is what we are all about.




4 comments:

Martin said...

Looking good Loup!

I think the new logo will serve you well. I particularly liked the white with the black background; very dramatic.

Keeping in mind the old saw, "You can't please all the people all the time.", rely upon what pleases yourself. If others don't get it, you probably wouldn't want them in the group anyway.

I will admit to a little confusion about the "New England" part when I first came across your site. Australia was not the first location to pop into mind. Ha, ha, ha! Now...it's one of my favorite sites to visit.

Martin

murphyfish said...

Hello Keith,
I do like the new logo, it seems to have a sense of history to my untutored eye. Of course I'm a tad bias having already a glimpse into what you and the group are about.
Best regards,
John

David R. Reid said...

Nice logo, very appropriate I think for 18th century living history. Well done Kaelem!

Keith said...

Well that's it then, it is you-nanny-mouse. A good logo. I will keep it.
Thanks friends.