A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Thursday 18 December 2014

WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY XMAS.

Christmas Coach 1795 by Jean Leon Ferris

Well there is only about a week to go to Xmas, and I hope you all have a good one. Our family will not be here until the 28th, so I guess we will have some sort of Xmas then. Being in Australia, this means Xmas in Summer, something I have never got a handle on and some how it just doesn't feel like Xmas. We will however celebrate Winter Solstice.
I hope you all get something from Santa that you want or need. Usually for me it is something inexpensive & practicle like some beeswax or linen thread, but this year I simply can't think what to put on my "Wants List". But I am thankful that all my family are well, and that I am still relatively mobile ! I must get out in the forest more once the fire season is over and Winter has arrived. I hope we get some snow this year that will actually lay !!!

Take care everyone and stay safe.
Regards, Keith.




3 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I hope that you have a merry Christmas, also. Interesting paintings.

Keith said...

Thank you Gorges, all the best,
Keith.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

I wish you the same Keith. I don't celebrate any festivals so, it is very easy to get what I want from wherever it appears!